Lisa Johnson-Tonkins is a proven leader. She has lead the Clerk’s office successfully for almost 8 years. She is the only candidate with a law degree and the only candidate that knows and understands every aspect of the Clerk’s office while developing positive relationships with staff, judges, attorneys, outside agencies and other community leaders. Lisa plans to continue to provide The Ultimate In Customer Service. The following Are areas Lisa plans to focus on in her third term:
(1) Training staff for eCourts before it is launched by the NC Administrative Office of the Courts;
(2) Partner with the County of Guilford to provide a website for the Guilford County Clerk of Superior Court to improve the communication between the court system and the citizens;
(3) Continue to advocate for better pay for ALL clerks as she has successfully done over the past 7 years;
(4) Continue to be responsive and engaged with staff and the public; AND
(5) Continue to provide competent and friendly staffing in every department of the Guilford County Clerk’s office.
Lisa has been involved in the judicial system for over 25 years. She has practice law in just about every area of the clerks office prior to becoming clerk. Lisa works along side of staff to get the work done and to help with ongoing training. Lisa is committed to excellence and following the law.